Are you a frustrated author?
If so, you’re not alone. I talk to authors every week, and they all say the same thing:“I suck at marketing. I don’t understand it, I’m not an expert, so I feel overwhelmed because I don’t really have a marketing strategy.”“I’m lost. I just don’t know what I should reasonably expect from marketing my book. Am I doing well, or poorly?“My book sales are mediocre. I tried marketing my book, but it’s just not selling the way I’d hoped. I spent so much time and energy on getting the book done, and now it feels like that work was wasted effort.”“I don’t feel comfortable promoting myself. I’m not a “put myself out there” person, and I don’t want to do anything that’s going to hurt my business or damage my reputation.”
You are not alone.
Over the past decade, I’ve worked with or advised dozens of authors on their book marketing strategie. Below are some of the titles I’ve assisted with on their launches, which have collectively sold millions of copies worldwide.
Here’s the game plan:
Call to Action.
Want to learn how to market your book for free? Well, here you go:
- 12 Lessons Learned while Marketing The 4-Hour Body — How Tim Ferriss was able to sell 60,000 copies in the first week
- How to Hit #1 on Amazon’s Bestseller List — Lesson: a big launch is NOT a strategy
- Self-Publishing Podcast: Book Marketing — Watch me talk for 60-minutes with Sean Platt and Johnny Truant, two of the most prolific self-published authors on the planet
- How I’m Marketing My Self-Published Book — My plan for launching Play It Away
- The Overthinker’s Guide to Launching Your Next Project (without wanting to kill yourself) — by Ryan Holiday
- My favorite marketing books / articles