Today, I'm excited to announce a new program that will empower and guide nonfiction authors.
It’s called Author Alliance.
This is a guided group coaching program, designed to get your nonfiction book done. And it won’t be some forgettable book. We’ll aim to create a timeless classic, which can help grow your business for years to come.
Author Alliance combines my 15 years of experience in publishing, author marketing, and strategic content creation — along with tools, templates, and protocols that expedite and elevate every part of the process.
If you’re interested in applying, scroll to the very bottom of this page.
Is Author Alliance for You?
Before I dive into the program details, let's talk about the problems most nonfiction authors run into, and what I’m ultimately aiming to solve with this program:
- Problem #1: Writing a book is f*ing hard. Less than 1% of people who start writing a nonfiction book will finish it. There are many reasons for this, including: getting the structure wrong, underestimating the level of difficulty, overwhelmed by fear and insecurity, not knowing which things to put in and leave out, not having enough valuable content, feeling demoralized by an inability to get it done, loneliness and lack of accountability, etc.
- Problem #2: Writing a book takes a long time. The typical duration for an author to write and publish a nonfiction book is five years. I’ve met several authors who tried and failed to write their book for more than a decade. Some people naively assume that A.I. will solve this problem. This is wrong, due to “garbage in, garbage out.” If you don’t know how to strategically and surgically use these tools, you will produce garbage books that people won’t want to read.
- Problem #3: Monetization can be confusing. The majority of self-published authors make less than $1,000 per year from their books. Many of them assume that they need to sell a ton of copies and hit bestseller lists in order to make good money. This is also wrong. Not having the right monetization strategy and business model can turn your book into a liability, rather than an asset.
- Problem #4: Author marketing is confusing. Forget hitting bestseller lists; how about just having a basic funnel? A solid author website that elevates your brand, and a sales process that allows you to earn 3-10X more? The vast majority of nonfiction authors either completely neglect or botch this part.
- Problem #5: Author branding is easy to screw up. It’s hard to “read the label when you’re inside the bottle.” In other words, it’s very difficult to step up your own brand and marketing when you’re so close to it. Very often, authors are constricted or delusional about their brand. This is mostly due to the gap between how they feel about themselves and how others think of them.
- Problem #6: Publishing landmines are everywhere. There are many phases to navigate in order to successfully release a book into the world. There’s planning, writing, editing, designing, branding, publishing, marketing, monetizing, launch, and sales. That’s a LOT to learn along the way. The path is riddled with hidden landmines, many of which can turn into costly or irreversible mistakes. Watch out for “publishing gurus” who’ve been doing this for 2-5 years. Many of them will walk you directly into these landmines. Speaking of…
- Problem #7: Finding legitimate experts is challenging. I don’t like talking down on anyone, but it is frustrating to witness so many of these “experts” — with zero track record of doing anything truly noteworthy — guide naive people into programs that result in unremarkable books, bad books, or no book at all.
Which brings us to an important question…
Why should you listen to me?
The Guide to Iconic Authors
If you’re new here, my name is Charlie Hoehn. I don’t usually brag about the work I’m doing because, well… I’m usually too busy doing the work. But at the insistence of my friends and lovely wife, I’ve been told I need to own my results more publicly. So here we go.
For the last 15 years, I’ve worked with many of the world’s most iconic nonfiction authors, helping them step into the spotlight and level up their books, brands, and businesses exponentially.
Their work has changed countless lives, quite literally shaped the global culture, earned them millions (in some cases, hundreds of millions), and sealed their reputation as icons.
Below is a list of authors I’ve worked with or advised in various capacities.
To be totally clear: I attribute 100% of their success to them. My involvement in their journey ranged from as little as I gave them some tips over a game of bowling / lunch / Zoom, all the way up to We were in the f*ing trenches together for years!
Collectively, these authors have sold well over 30 million copies of their books.
Several of them hit #1 on the New York Times bestseller list.
Four of them hit #1 on Amazon OVERALL.
One is the star of a Top 10 Netflix series (congrats Ramit!)
“For three years, Charlie and I worked together, most notably on The 4-Hour Body. It was one hell of a ride. We had a lot of fun, and we had some huge successes."
TIM FERRISS - Five-time #1 New York Times Bestselling Author, Host of The Tim Ferriss Show
“Charlie is one of the most talented marketers and entrepreneurs I’ve ever worked with. A true gem. I highly recommend him.”
RAMIT SETHI - New York Times Bestselling Author, Host of Top 10 Netflix show How to Get Rich
“Charlie is the best. If you have the chance to work with him, do it. Highly recommended in every sense."
TUCKER MAX - Three-time #1 New York Times Bestselling Author, Co-Founder of Scribe Media
"Charlie has been my secret weapon of writing. He's always reminded me to stay on my own path, to be Noah Kagan."
NOAH KAGAN - New York Times Bestselling Author of Million Dollar Weekend
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Over the past decade, not only have I coached more than 250 nonfiction authors (with many becoming millionaires and industry leaders in the process), I’ve also — and this is key — gotten great results for myself.
- Published influential books that are selling 10+ years later
- Sold more than 40,000 copies
- Received unsolicited endorsements from the likes of Andrew Huberman, Tony Robbins, Ryan Holiday, Tim Ferriss, Chase Jarvis, Justin Mares, and Dr. Peter Gray
- Briefly hit 'Top 10 Audiobooks on Audible'
- Delivered four TEDx talks, with over 250K+ views
- Professional speaker, charging $25K for domestic keynotes
- Invited by and presented to groups at the Pentagon, Microsoft, PepsiCo, Stanford, and New Canaan Society
- Worked for six years at the top professional publishing company in the world, Scribe Media, where we published over 2,000 books
Alright, enough with the bragging. Yeesh. Let’s talk about the program.
What Makes Author Alliance Unique?
Author Alliance is designed for busy professionals who want to get things done. You’ll be given templates and tools to help you make the process as efficient as possible. While you will have to do work, I’ll help you accelerate, delegate, and automate the hardest stuff.
The program is structured with the six key phases of becoming a successful nonfiction author:
Of course, even though this is a fast-paced program, I understand that great books can take longer than expected. Thefore, you will not be required to complete each milestone within the timeline of the program’s lessons (12 weeks). That is just the pace at which we’ll be covering these topics and processes. Also, you will still have a full year of support (12 months) after the lessons are done.
When you join Author Alliance, you are hiring me (Charlie Hoehn) to help you become an author. That means:
- I will show you how to write, publish, and market a great nonfiction book.
- I will help you elevate your brand and business so they’re aligned with your goals and dream life.
- I will equip you with tools & templates that expedite and alleviate the process of finishing your manuscript, and show you exactly how to use them.
- I will introduce you to the best publishing experts I know to help you get things done, and show you how to best work with them.
But I will NOT actually do the work for you. To be clear…
✅ Best-in-class program to fast track your iconic author journey
✅ Author Business Plan to help you achieve your most ambitious goals
✅ First draft of your book done using my Million Copies Editing Method
✅ Ongoing access to weekly group coaching & accountability calls so you’ll never get stuck or feel lost
✅ Proven SOP’s, templates, and work orders to elevate & expedite each phase
✅ Intros and potential discounts with my network of top publishing & brand experts
What’s NOT Included
Not all of these costs are required for a book, but they are certainly common, and my program does not include these as done-for-you services:
❌ Editing your book for you
❌ Book cover design
❌ Book interior layout
❌ Author photographs
❌ Book launch coordination or execution
❌ Website redesign
❌ Hiring, managing, or paying contractors on your behalf
Who Should NOT Join Author Alliance
This program is definitely not for everyone. You are not ready or right for the program if…
- You cannot afford it. This program is not cheap, and it does NOT include any of the above costs associated with publishing a book (e.g. cover designer, website designer, photographer, etc.) While I will connect you with excellent service providers, and often at lower rates, you will still have these additional costs to consider. So, if you have a bunch of credit card debt, or the thought of investing 5-figures into a program like this makes you sweat, do not apply to my program. Instead, apply to Manuscripts.com. It's a fantastic program and they can help you create an excellent book.
- You have not validated your business or book concept. I understand the appeal of writing a book to generate leads for your new business venture. But if you haven’t sold your offer to at least three people, do not join the program. Same goes with ”big idea” type books. If you haven’t validated that people urgently want the information or advice you’re dispensing, do not join the program. You don’t want to dump attention onto a broken funnel. Go validate your offer / ideas first, then apply.
- You just want to tell your story. Writing a book can certainly be therapeutic, but that’s not what this program is about. If you’re wanting to write a memoir, where you focus on sharing your truth and healing yourself, check out my friend Tucker Max’s program. He’s one of the best memoir authors on the planet (both in terms of writing AND selling), and a phenomenal coach.
- You got screwed by Scribe Media in March 2023. What happened with Scribe’s implosion last year — and how previous leadership screwed countless authors and employees — was a bad joke. It was painful to watch so many financial lives upended by a few reckless leaders. As much as I‘d love to help the authors who got shafted, I do NOT recommend throwing more money into a brand new program. I can help you with a coaching call, but that’s all I will offer to start.
Who Author Alliance is Right For
Now let’s talk about who this program is designed to really help. You are an excellent candidate for the program if…
- You’re successful in business, health, or relationships. You’ve achieved some outcome that people continually ask you for advice about. And you often get paid well to help others get that outcome. People might have even asked you: Do you have a book? or When are you going to write a book?
- You’re ready to permanently level up. You have a proven process, inarguable expertise, and demand that’s resulting in paying clients. You’re ready to throw gas on the fire you’ve started, all while elevating your brand, business, and career.
- You want to leave a legacy. You've accomplished a lot, and now you want to immortalize your wisdom. You know the way to do that is to put your lessons learned into a book, so you can share your contributions with humanity for decades to come.
- You want an efficient book writing process, without compromising on quality. You are busy running your business and living your life. You don’t have time to waste going through unnecessary steps and headaches. You want a clear cut path to getting your book done. You also understand that it will cost a decent chunk of change, effort, and time in order to make it great. You’re both willing and able to invest ample resources into the project.
- You need help stepping into the spotlight. It’s not easy to put yourself out there. I’ve met very few authors who weren’t doubting themselves somewhere along in the process. Even if your book is the most cut-and-dry manual for your niche, it’s still a creative act. And that requires vulnerability and courage. This program is designed to support and guide you through those challenging moments, so you can boldly step into the spotlight when your time comes.
- You suspect you have more than one book in you. While this program is still great for authors who just want to write one book, my aim is to provide you with a process that you can use for the rest of your career. That means you’re equipped with the ability — at least in theory — to churn out a book every year, if that’s what you want. So if that’s you, the program is a solid investment in your future as an author.
Two Ways to Join
There are two levels to this program, which are fundamentally different games. The simplest way to explain them is as follows:
- Level 1 is R.O.I. — For authors who want to earn $1M+ with their book
- Level 2 is Reach — For authors who want to sell 1M+ copies of their book
Again with the disclaimer: I do NOT guarantee either of these outcomes. My program is merely focused on increasing your probabilities of achieving them. Whether you hit your particular target (or not) will be determined by many factors, all of which vary based on each individual author’s situation.
If you’re still not sure which one is right for you, read on…
Level 1: Author Alliance (Cost: $25K)
This is a group coaching program, intended for authors who are:
- Focused on growing their business and/or leaving a legacy
- Common metrics for success are: creating revenue streams, leveling up credibility, opening up opportunities, and impact (helping people)
- Seeking a done with you (DWY) online program
- Want group coaching with Charlie and other authors at their level
Availability: 4 left (2 taken)
Level 2: Author Apex (Cost: $250K+)
This is a private VIP program, intended for the following authors:
- Focused on broadcasting their message and scaling their impact
- Common metrics for success are: selling lots of copies, mainstream press and recognition, leveling up their brand, and access to exclusive networks.
- Must have more than 1 million followers on social media
- Must have more than 100,000 email subscribers
- Able to secure a traditional publishing deal for 7-figures (but not required)
- Seeking premium done-for-you (DFY) publishing services
- Want private 1-on-1 coaching with Charlie, in-person at luxury settings
Availability: 1 left (1 taken)
Frequently Asked Questions
How many coaching calls will I get?
104 calls. Yes, really. You’ll have a full year of access to our twice-weekly 60-minute group coaching calls, every Monday and Thursday. I typically charge $1,000 per hour for 60-minute private author consultations, so this is a solid deal imho.
Will you provide individual guidance on my book?
Yes. We can discuss your book, brand, and business during our twice-weekly group coaching calls. You can also ask questions and chat with me in our private Skool group. That said, requests to review your work need to be within reason. For instance: I won’t edit your book, but I will provide you with suggestions on what needs to be done.
Will you help me decide which book I should write?
Yes. Many experts have more than one book in them, so the challenge is simply choosing which one to focus on and refining its scope. I will absolutely help you with that.
Will you introduce me to professionals who can design my book?
Yes. Finding great publishing pros can be tough. Fortunately, I have a shortlist of amazing people within my network who are world-class. I will make intros as needed, and they will help you get the work done.
Apply to Join the Program
Whether you're an established expert or an emerging thought leader, Author Alliance is your smoothest and most efficient pathway to successfully becoming an author.
If you’re ready to go on this journey of turning your knowledge into a timeless book, this is your opportunity to do it right.
From there, we'll set up a call to see if this is a good fit for you.
If you have questions, feel free to send them my way, as well.
Thanks for reading! :)